Scratching up the wrong post? We take a look at Charlie the cat’s favourite scratching posts in the house, summarising their great features and best places to put them.
- Sturdy with good size base to stand on meaning it doesn’t topple over when ambushed
- Tall enough for Charlie to fully stretch out his entire glorious physique
- Top is sturdy enough for small Socks to climb right to the top, giving a place to escape when being chased by Charlie
Best locations: At the top of the stairs or near an entrance to a room
Rating: Furry good!!
- Lightweight and durable cardboard scratcher.
- Can be bought with a bamboo frame if desired though not necessary for Charlie.
- Large so ideal for a nice horizontal scratch.
Best locations: By the cat flap, back door or areas where carpet may be disappearing.
- A luxurious scratch – top marks for sturdiness and stretch length.
- Great for sleeping on top of or using it to stare out the window.
- Has three hiding holes which makes a fun game for the cats to find treats
Best locations: By a window to provide a good spy spot or in the lounge where the cats can look down on their humans.
There you have it: Charlie’s favourite scratching posts in a nutshell! To find out more about ways you can encourage your cat to use a scratching post, click here.